Hey guys! So I finally got some time to update this :) Well... we currently have 5-7 dramas in our arsenal. All of them are going really well, we all seem to click together pretty efficiently. Um... we left on Thurs morning at 9 to head here to New York. We got here at about 10 that night so it was roughly a 13 hr van ride. Loooooong ride! I've decided that once you get past Pittsburgh, PA is about as boring as Indiana lol but anyways, once we got here we were greeted by a whole bunch of nice ppl from the church we will doing service at. It's in the south Bronx, just about 5 min from old Yankee Stadium. We spent the night at the church and then Fri morning we just kinda hung out and met everyone. Friay afternoon we went sightseeing through Manhattan. We first took the subway (during rush hr btw, that was real fun) to downtown. We walked crazy fast cuz 'thats how we do in New York' apparently lol We then spent alot of time in the Museum of Modern Arts, where they were having a Van Gogh exhibition. They had the original 'starry night' there so that was pretty much awesome. Then we walked to Rockefeller and saw the ice skating rink and got some pizza. Then we walked quickly through Time Square and back on the subway to go home again. When we got back, we played Rock Band with the youth til like midnight. Today we drove to a huge 4-story mall and spent the day there. We went into the cheesecake factory and i bought the most amazing pumpkin cheesecake ever! But only 1 slice cuz it was crazy expensive lol Then we came back and had some awesome chicken and rice cuz the ppl at this church are puertorican so they KNOW how to cook lol And thats about it. As for the spiritual side of Masters, I've never felt closer with God. Everyday I say and do things that immediately make me think 'wow, I never pictured myself doin that'. God has really worked in my life already and I'm ready to see how much more He has in store for me. Its very exciting to me to know that trusting God can be so very rewarding if you put the effort into it...well, I must be off to drama practice so I'll try to post again tomorrow evening to let you know how service went. I'm praying for you all! God bless!
Gladly serving,
Chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment