Hey guys! Hope all has been well with you J it has been a busy week for this Masters student so I apologize for the delayed posting of this blog. So lets see… last weeks events. This was a busy week so I’ll break it down by day.
Saturday the 28th - We packed up our van by 3pm and headed for IN. Only about 4 ½ hrs so it wasn’t too bad. We got there at around 8 or 9, I don’t remember which but anyways, we then went to Molly’s birthday party. Pretty good time. Then we went to our home-openers for the night.
Sunday the 29th - We got up and went to Sunday service. We did service at both Howe and Pretty Prairie and later at the Shed. We had such a great time! I was really happy to see everyone again and to kind of show the difference Masters has made in my life. I feel very much changed by Masters Commission and I really have a heart for my home church. Masters has really unleashed the passion that was inside me all along and I really look forward to returning to feed the fire inside the hearts at our church. I know its there, its just time to show that passion each and every Sunday. We may be a Methodist church but by no means does that mean we can’t wear our hearts for Christ on our sleeves. I hope to bring the fire to HUMC so be ready. It starts with you youth group. “Do not let them look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers.” This was written to Timothy but it applies to each and every young person in this world. Just because you are young does not mean you don’t have a major impact on our church. You are the future of our church and its time we step up in our faith and show that we CAN lead our generation and we WILL lead our generation. The change starts now.
Monday - We left at about 11 to head to Elkhart and Micaela’s church. That night, we did a service for 120 young men at the South Bend Juvenile Correction Facility. We had to be extremely cautious about what dramas we presented and also how we presented them, but the service went extremely well. We caught their attention from the very first drama and they were hooked until the very end. Many young men gave their lives to Christ that night and I pray every day that they will continue to persevere on their walk with Christ.
Tuesday - This was basically a relax day for most of the day, but we did have a great opportunity to learn. For about two hrs, we went to a place called SPA. I don’t remember what it stands for but it is a women’s house for women recovering from drugs or alcohol. We just sat and talked with these ladies. I was so blessed by their testimonies and I really felt like Jesus would use these women and their testimony to work wonders in this world. People need stories of hope like the ones presented by these women. It was really just a great experience.
Wednesday - It was another great day. We went to Mic’s church and her pastor did a 4 hr class for us on the end times. It was by far the best class I’ve had all yr. I was so enlightened and it was explained in a way that was so understandable! It was like a 3rd grader could’ve understood it! So if any of you are interested in seeing the notes from this class, I would be more than happy to share them. But later than night, we did the actual service at her church. Now, this church likes to keep away from outside ministry so it was a miracle that they finally let Micaela come after 3 yrs of trying. They loved the service, we loved the service, it was just a great night to be in God’s house. We had so much fun in IN, it was incredible. The only downside is that I will now have to start running every morning to work off all the food we ate :P I’ve never eaten so much in my life :P
Thursday - Driving day, woo! :P We got back about noon. Most of the group went to Cincinnati for more Reds training (which got cancelled so that stunk for those who had to drive down there). Later that night, our power went out. Good thing laundry was done already J but it was fun. Jordan and David (Jordan is a good friend of mine here and David will be a first yr next yr in Masters) came over to stay the night because they were going on the weekend trip the next day.
Friday - We left for Tennessee this morning. Notice how we were only home for like half a day this week? Haha anyways, we arrived at like…3ish I think. This weekend was a youth rally kind of thing, not a Masters service. So we helped set some stuff up and then the kids started showing up. We had some worship then we did a drama and a message was given by their youth leader. Then they split up by grade to head to home-openers. Jordan and I led the group of juniors and seniors. We had about 15 guys. When we got to the house, there were 3 others leaders that helped out to lead ‘sessions’. Basically, they were long devotions. The first night we talked about sin and being a warrior. We actually had a kid in our group come to Jesus that night. Praise God.
Saturday - We were at the church by like 8. The kids went to a camp to do all kinds of fun stuff for the day. We stayed back to help with the main event. The name of the weekend was ‘The Ultimate Warrior’ so this church went all out. We set up a REAL boxing ring in the middle of the youth building. No joke! Then we learned the illustrated sermon we would be helping in. Basically, it was a match between Jesus and Satan in which Satan uses people in the crowd to fight for him by making bad decisions. For example, I played the role of a party person. So with each drink I took, Jesus took a literal punch. The kids LOVED it. It was so great, it was like a real boxing match. Of course, we didn’t need to watch the match. Our Bible tells us who wins in the end! I don’t know what tactics Satan will use, but I sure know he’s gunna lose! Anyways, it was really fun to be a part of it. Then we went back to our houses for sessions again, which went quite well once again.
Sunday - Youth rally and then service. Not a lot to say really except that it was good weekend overall. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this Baptist church in Tennessee but it was a lot of fun.
If you’ve finally got this far in reading my blog, congrats J hehe I know it was long but I had a lot to say so there :P I’m gunna make another post, more of a “what’s been on my heart” kinda thing so I hope you will read that as well. Good day to you J love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment